Prevention and Control of Absenteeism and Abuse of Leave
November 05, 2014 | 9:00 a.m.
Excessive absenteeism and abuse of leave privileges by employees reduce productivity, interrupt schedules, undermine morale and increase overtime costs. This workshop provides realistic and interactive studies to allow managers to effectively navigate the legal minefield involving absenteeism and leaves. The workshop teaches participants how to:
· assess leaves/absenteeism problems
· understand the causes of excessive absenteeism
· establish criteria for acceptable absences
· recognize and address employee leave rights in responding to absenteeism
· understand management's and employees' legal rights
· develop effective strategies for controlling excessive and/or abusive absenteeism
The workshop includes presentations and case studies illustrating various types of attendance problems. Participants also receive a workbook containing supportive materials for implementing leave and absence procedures.
2015 Legislative Update for Public Agencies
December 09, 2014 | 10:00 AM
The California legislature passed numerous bills, which will go into effect on January 1, 2015, that will impact California employers. This webinar will provide an overview of key legislation, as well as pertinent employment law cases that will impact California's public agencies.