WORK WITH US
Pre-Conference Session: Human Resources Bootcamp
About the Workshop
Whether you are new to public sector labor and employment relations, or an experienced practitioner, this pre-conference session ensures that you are up to date on the most significant legal updates and fundamental issues facing public sector Human Resource professionals, including:
- Legal Tune up – an overview of the year’s most significant legal developments;
- Leaves – Federal and state law provide leaves for a myriad of different purposes. Some last for days, some for weeks, and others for months. They each have different eligibility and documentation requirements and many of them can overlap. We will give you tips on addressing and administering leaves.
- Disability – The disability interactive process requires very specific steps to ensure that your agency has satisfied its legal obligation to show that reasonable accommodations have been fully vetted by your agency. We will explain the process, walk you through the steps, and enable you to provide a meaningful interactive process that can withstand the scrutiny of a challenge. Disability discrimination claims often challenge the interactive process provided, or not provided. This session will not only help you to avoid such a challenge but empower you to know that you have done what the law requires for your disabled applicants and employees.
- Discipline – Following the steps that must be taken to ensure due process in disciplining employees is critical. We will focus on the pre-discipline process, including how to conduct an effective Skelly meeting, and how to ensure necessary appeal rights are provided once the discipline is implemented.
- Performance Management and Discipline – we will discuss managing employee performance including goal setting, ongoing feedback, formal evaluations, and corrective actions.
We hope you will join us for this informative, interactive day designed to help you learn and hone your knowledge and skills so that you can operate at peak efficiency in tackling the HR challenges ahead.
Please note that this is a separate registration from the LCW Conference registration. If you would like to register for the LCW Conference, please visit this page.
Hilton San Diego Bayfront
1 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
Date: March 15, 2023
Meals Provided: continental breakfast and lunch
Who Should Attend?
Experienced and Aspiring HR Professionals.
Please Note: Individuals employed by a union, a union-side law firm, or a union-side consulting firm that, in labor relations matters, exclusively represents unions and employees, may not register for Liebert Cassidy Whitmore’s Labor Relations Certification programs.
Liebert Cassidy Whitmore is an approved MCLE provider. Participating attorneys are eligible for 6 hours of MCLE. The person from your agency that registers for this webinar will receive the official set of MCLE forms. In order to receive your MCLE credit, you will need to complete and return these forms that will be available at the workshop.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Credit Hours Awarded: 6.00
Cancellations must be received by March 8, 2023 to receive a full refund, less a $25 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after that time. Participant substitutions are accepted any time prior to March 14, 2023.
Please email Andy Baldenegro at email@example.com or 310.981.2320