WORK WITH US
Back to School: Public School Return to Work & Campus Toolkit (Consortium Members)
The COVID-19 pandemic is having an immense and wide-ranging impact on school districts, their employees, and their students and families. Just as districts needed to address new and complex issues related to the sudden closure of physical campuses and the transition to distance learning to complete the school year, districts must now look forward to what the Fall might look like. In planning for the Fall, districts will need to consider federal, state, and local orders, guidance, and legal obligations and many other variables to decide how best to continue educating their students while promoting safe and healthy campuses and offices for employees, students, and families alike.
The Toolkit includes template checklists, protocols, and forms to prepare for healthy and safe campuses and offices. In addition, the Toolkit will include a future webinar that will examine relevant legal requirements, CDC, California Department of Health and California Department of Education guidance, preventative measures to limit transmission of the disease, and provide protocols that districts may want to consider adopting, including those on the topics of:
- Screening employees and students to ensure campus safety;
- COVID-19 testing protocols;
- Social distancing and individual responsibility on campus and in district offices, including the use of face coverings for employees and students;
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols;
- Accommodating high risk employees and students;
- Protocols regarding student absences and illness;
- Guidance for managers and supervisors implementing COVID-19 protocols;
- Communications with employees and parents;
- Confidentiality and privacy issues for employees and students;
- COVID-19 related employee leaves; and
- Business and facilities practices
Please note that the Toolkit includes a future webinar. Purchasers will have the option to attend the live webinar (when it is scheduled) or receive a link to view the recording.
You May Be Interested In
Freedom of expression is guaranteed to the people of the United States by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, which provides:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an...
This workbook addresses the full range of issues and obligations faced by employers when dealing with disabled employees. Additionally, the workbook provides materials for undertaking effective...
Privacy rights implicate many of the actions employers take concerning employees and prospective employees. There is a privacy element to many of the laws that protect applicants and employees in...