WORK WITH US
These Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”) govern the access and use of the Liebert Cassidy Whitmore (“LCW”) website(s) (“Site”) by the user (“You” or “Your”) and constitute a binding agreement between You and LCW. If you do not accept the terms stated here, you may not use the website or its services. your use of this web site or services indicates your acceptance of these terms. you agree to use this web site at your own risk. These Terms are effective as of January 1, 2020.
- General: LCW publishes this Site as a service to our clients and other friends (“User(s)”) for informational purposes only. The information on this Site may not apply to your specific facts and circumstances, does not constitute legal advice, and is not intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice or opinions. The transmission of information via the Site is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.
- Site Usage: You must be 13 years of age or older to visit or use the Site. If You are under the age of 18, You must use the Site under the supervision of a parent legal guardian, or other responsible adult. You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and as intended by these Terms, which are solely interpreted by LCW.
- Disclaimer: LCW expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any information it provides on this Site. The opinions expressed at this Site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm, any individual attorney, or the firm’s clients. LCW attempts to ensure the information it provides on this Site is accurate and current. However, notwithstanding these efforts, the Site may occasionally contain information that is not complete or up to date. We make no representation as to accuracy of any information on this Site. Your use of this Site and the information it provides is at Your risk. If You are dissatisfied with the Site and/or the information Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using this Site.
- No Attorney-Client Relationship: No attorney-client relationship is created through your use of this site. Unsolicited information sent to LCW by individuals who are not clients of the firm is not subject to any duty of confidentiality. Please do not send information via this Site that is confidential or secret. LCW and You must agree that there is an attorney-client relationship. LCW has established procedures to enter into attorney-client relationships, which include a written signed agreement and clearing a conflict check. Until such a relationship exists, LCW will assume that any information You send us is not confidential or protected under the attorney-client privilege. If You communicate with LCW by e-mail in connection with a matter for which the Firm already represents You, please remember that e-mail is not fully secure. Unless other arrangements have been made specifically, You should avoid sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages without taking the step of ensuring the security of such messages.
- No Solicitation/Advertising: This Site and the information contained herein are not intended as solicitation of business. In some jurisdictions this Site may be considered advertising. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon written information about our qualifications and experience. LCW has endeavored in good faith to comply with all known legal and ethical requirements in compiling this Site.
- License to Use: LCW grants You a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for Your personal use. You may view information and material on the Site solely for Your personal, noncommercial use. Your use of the Site is a privilege. LCW reserves the right to suspend or terminate that privilege without reason or cause at any time, in its sole discretion.
You agree not to:
- (a) violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site;
- (b) submit any content or material that is false, misleading information or promotes illegal activities;
- (c) share with a third party Your login credentials to the Site;
- (d) access data not intended for You or logging into a server or account which You are not authorized to access;
- (e) solicit passwords or personally identifiable information from other Users;
- (f) damage, corrupt, tamper with, or infect this Site;
- (g) engage in spamming;
- (h) take any action to compromise the security of the Site, or
- (i) use the Site for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity.
- Links to Other Sites: The Site provides links to other sites (also known as hyperlinks) and resources on the Internet. Those links are provided as citations and aids to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest. They are not intended to state or imply LCW sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in such links. If you use these links, you do so at your own risk. When You follow a link to any other website, You are subject to the website usage policy of that website and we encourage You to examine that policy. These links are provided solely as a convenience and not as an endorsement by LCW of the contents on the linked web sites. LCW is not responsible for the content of the linked web sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on those sites. If You decide to access linked web sites, You do so at Your own risk.
- Intellectual Property: The information and materials LCW provides on this Site may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other intellectual property laws, and LCW in these materials and information. Nothing on this Site shall be construed as consent to use any of these materials or information without LCW’s written permission.
- User Provided Information: All information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, advertisements, messages or other materials submitted, posted or displayed by You on or through the Site (“User Content”) is the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Content originated. LCW claims no ownership or control over any User Content. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any User Content You submit, post or display on or through the Site and You are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. LCW reserves the right to refuse to accept, delete, or transmit any User Content in its sole discretion.
- Copyright Complaints: LCW will respond to claims of copyright and intellectual property infringement by taking action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. LCW may immediately remove any material or any reference or link to such material or activity claimed to be infringing. LCW has designated the following agent under the DMCA:
Liebert Cassidy Whitmore
Attention: Managing Partner
6033 W. Century Blvd., Suite 500
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Indemnity: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless LCW (and its owners, officers, directors, employees, and agents) from and against any third party claims, actions, lawsuits, or demands, liabilities (including without limitation, costs, and reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from Your use of this Web Site, including any employment-related claims arising from any employment relationship resulting from the use of this Site. The duty to defend is immediate upon tender by legal counsel acceptable to LCW. LCW also may participate in any such action, claim, lawsuit, or proceeding, at Your expense, and may assist in defending any such action, claim, lawsuit or proceeding.
- LCW’s Reservation of Rights: You agree that LCW reserves the right to terminate access by Users to the Site without prior notice, without cause and without explanation. LCW shall not be liable to You or any third party for any termination of Your access to the Site. LCW reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity. LCW may review and delete any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates these Terms, violates applicable laws, rules or regulations. LCW shall be under no obligation to investigate potential violations and may terminate use without cause. LCW reserves the right to expel Users, prevent further Site access, or take any action with respect to User Content that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such User Content could create liability for LCW, damage LCW’s brand or public image, or for any other reason.
- Disclaimers: To the fullest extent possible by law, lcw does not warrant that the site will operate error free or that the site or its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. if your use of the site results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, lcw is not responsible for those costs. the site is provided on an “as-is” basis without any warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including the warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Limitation of Liability: To the fullest extent provided by law, lcw shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, indicental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data, lost employment opportunity, or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory.
- Severability; No Waiver: If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
- Modification: LCW has the right in its sole discretion to modify these Terms & Conditions from time to time. It is Your responsibility to review these Terms & Conditions periodically, or at least every thirty 30 days. Your continued use of this Site subsequent to our modification of these Terms & Conditions shall constitute Your acceptance.