At Liebert Cassidy Whitmore, we are always on the look-out for talented, motivated attorneys to join our thriving practice. If you have a high degree of interest in serving our public agency clientele, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking:
Office Administrator - San Francisco Office
Position: Office Administrator, San Francisco Office
Reports to: Executive Director; Managing Partner, San Francisco Office
Status: Full-time, exempt
Liebert Cassidy Whitmore is a statewide law firm with 5 offices and 80 attorneys. The Firm is dedicated to representing public and some private employers exclusively in labor, employment and education law matters and related litigation. We seek an experienced individual who will report to the Firm's Executive Director and the Managing Partner of the San Francisco Office and be responsible for the overall administrative operations of the San Francisco Office.
Summary of Responsibilities: The San Francisco Office Administrator is responsible for the overall operations of the office, including the direct supervision and oversight of legal secretarial staff. The position has general responsibility for policy implementation; financial controls; personnel administration including staff recruiting, orientation and professional development, employee relations and retention, performance management and conflict resolution; local systems and physical facilities. Working within the Firm structure, the Office Administrator is responsible for coordinating and providing the support needs of the office's attorneys.
Academics and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized college or university with major course work in business administration, management, human resources or marketing preferred. A certification in legal administration is also accepted.
- Minimum 3 years of law firm administration and/or management experience.
- Three or more years of prior experience as a litigation secretary preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Experience managing legal secretaries in an active litigation environment;
- A proactive approach and the ability to work "hands-on" as required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work and interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the firm;
- Strong supervisory and teambuilding skills;
- Human resources and benefits administration exposure;
- Sound business judgment and strong decision-making expertise;
- Planning and organizational skills, including the ability to manage a number of projects concurrently, and the ability to work collaboratively with other managers in the firm;
- Experience working with law firm practice applications and technology, specifically iManage document, records and email management systems;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants please send cover letter, resumé, salary history and requirements to email@example.com.
Labor Relations Attorney - San Francisco Office
LCW seeks experienced labor relations attorney with at least five years public sector experience in traditional labor relations practice to work out of its San Francisco office. Experience must include exclusive representation of California cities, counties, special districts, community college and/or K-12 public school districts. Send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org