At Liebert Cassidy Whitmore, we are always on the look-out for talented, motivated attorneys to join our thriving practice. If you have a high degree of interest in serving our public agency clientele, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are currently seeking:
Liebert Cassidy Whitmore, California's leading public sector employment, labor and education law firm, is currently seeking an IT Manager to provide strategic leadership and management of the firm's IT operations. Reporting to the Executive Director, the IT Manager will join the firm's management team in the Los Angeles office and is responsible for planning, delivering and servicing technology consistent with the firm's commitment to providing professional service and unparalleled expertise to our valued clients. In addition, the IT Manager is responsible for driving innovation and leading the firm's technology initiatives while ensuring the full availability of all hardware, software, network, telecommunication, security and technical services in a hands-on capacity.
- Manages the IT Department to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient/secure computer operations in alignment with the firm's strategic business objectives.
- Supervises and leads a staff of 4 IT professionals including hiring, motivating, mentoring, and conducting performance evaluations and reviews. Evaluates, contracts with and directs outside technology consultants, vendors and contractors.
- Responsible for presenting IT strategic planning, projects and operational evaluations to Firm Management and the Partnership.
- Provides firm wide direction and support in areas of policy, office procedures and best practices among attorneys and staff as they relate to technology.
- Responsible for establishing the firm's IT policies, standards, practices and security measures for all network systems, desktop environments, internet access and use, client communications, mobile device management and remote access to firm network services.
- Creates project plans to detail the steps required to implement technology initiatives including developing project schedules to determine appropriate resources and ensure timely delivery. Participates in all aspects of project deployment, including product research, vendor interviewing and contracting and IT testing.
- Responsible for creating plans for and managing backup and disaster recovery applications and systems for all firm data and email communications. Includes working off-site data centers, local file recovery and server failover testing and management of associated data security.
- Working with IT department staff, monitors, manages and maintains connectivity of all network resources including servers, desktops, laptops, telephony equipment, and other network appliances. Plans and schedules installation of hardware upgrades, software updates and upgrades and installation of new products. Procures equipment when needed.
- Working with the Executive Director, determines and manages the budget for all IT operations, including finances related to IT project planning, equipment leases, monthly/yearly operational costs and all budgetary items related to IT hardware and software purchases. Ensures software and application licensing compliance with firm technology vendors and business partners.
- Responsible for IT support for all users directly or through IT department staff. Ensures users are provided with professional, courteous and timely support and service.
- Responsible for establishing technology training for all users on firm desktop applications and system software. Includes hiring and working with contracted trainers, establishing training goals and objectives and conducting skills assessments and evaluations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. Advanced certifications in IT network and system applications required (Microsoft, Worksite/iManage, Cisco, ITIL, VMWare, etc). Will consider equivalent experience working in technology in a mid- to large-size professional services company, but must have Bachelor's degree.
- At least 8 years or more of advanced computer network and systems experience with at least 4 years of experience at the management level. Law firm experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of existing and developing information technologies. Direct experience and expertise with technologies specific to the legal industry, including: document management (Worksite, eDocs, NetDocs), records management (LegalKEY, IRM), financial systems (Juris, Juris Suite, iTimekeep), litigation and eDiscovery support (CaseLogistix, TrialDirector, Summation, Westlaw), desktop applications (Office Suite, iCreate, FormsWorkFlow, SpeechExec, Accuroute).
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft network systems and applications including Server 2008/2012, SQL 2008/2012, Exchange 2010 (CAS, DAG, MB), Active Directory, WDS (imaging), WSUS (updates), Remote Desktop Services. In addition, experience working with Mimecast Email Management, Citrix (XenApp, CSG/NetScaler), VMWare (ESX 5.1), Nimble SAN storage devices, HP servers and ProCurve switches, Dell Sonicwall Firewall, MPLS, VLANs, Avaya IP Office VoIP, Ruckus Wireless, mobile device support (iPhone, iPad, Android).
- An entrepreneurial spirit and approach to the job. From administration of IT operations, supervising and mentoring department personnel and providing tech support and IT services to the Firm's employees, possesses a strong sense of ownership in the work and investment in the firm's business in the servicing of its clients and users.
- Collegial and professional interpersonal skills while displaying a positive, can-do attitude. Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm.
- Excellent leadership skills (i.e., organizing, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making) necessary for effective management.
- Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and personalities simultaneously. Strong drive and great work ethic. Ability to make things happen with minimal supervision.
- High degree of creativity. Ability to bring new ideas to the table. Ability to think outside the box.
Liebert Cassidy Whitmore offers a generous total compensation package, with a benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a 401(k) plan. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and Firm performance.
Liebert Cassidy Whitmore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attorneys - Fresno
We are seeking attorneys with 3-7 years of relevant experience to join our growing practice in Fresno. Enjoy immediate responsibility and regular client contact in a fast-paced environment. Send your resume and references to email@example.com
Paralegal - San Francisco Office
Preeminent statewide public sector labor, employment and education firm seeking energetic, detail oriented, full-time certified litigation paralegal. Ideal candidate will possess top-notch technical support, case management, and communication skills; ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines a must. Knowledge of Word, Excel, FormsWorkFlow, Westlaw online research, citation formatting and is familiar with the Blue Book and CA Style Manual. Proficiency in Westlaw CaseLogistix, Case Notebook and Trial Director, or similar document management software, required.
Send resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.