Join our team of Paralegals who provide professional and responsible paralegal and administrative work in support of the firm’s attorneys and administrative support teams. The clients we serve include public agencies (cities, counties, and special districts), public education (K-12 and community colleges/universities), private education and nonprofits. This position supports the investigation and analysis of legal claims and the preparation of litigation cases in conformance with stringent court deadlines and complex legal requirements. Paralegals may be assigned to work and support attorneys in any of the firms five office locations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research, gather, and compile data on various legal issues, statutes, rules, precedents, facts, evidence, codes, and contracts for the preparation of cases, legal documents, case authorities, and legal citations.
- Accurately proofread, properly format citations, and utilize the Blue Book and California Style Manual.
- Draft and/or compile a variety of documents to support attorneys and staff within required timelines and per established procedures and format.
- Prepare subpoenas, manage, and track all information and processes related to subpoenas.
- Organize and assist in trial or administrative hearing preparation.
- Assist in case management including maintain and monitor a calendar for litigation deadlines; prepare timelines, outlines, and other reports using Relativity/Case Dynamics; print and review Compulaw calendar weekly to review matters.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of individuals to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of computer applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Applications, iCreate, Relativity/Case Dynamics, Compulaw, and Aderant, along with databases and other systems used for research such as Westlaw or interface with the court system. Possess the ability to learn new computer applications as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
Paralegal Certification from an American Bar Association accredited institution and an Associate’s degree in business, legal studies, communications or related field is required. At least three (3) years of previous experience in a law office, government agency, or court system providing legal support services, administrative support, or legal assistance. A Bachelor’s degree and experience supporting litigation is preferred. Must maintain mandatory continuing legal education coursework as required by law and the firm. A California driver’s license is required.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and references to email@example.com