WORK WITH US
10 Problems You May Have with CalPERS, and How to Fix Them
As CalPERS steps up its review of reportable compensation in the face of unfunded liabilities and increasing employer contribution rates, employers and employees are seeing challenges from CalPERS to long time practices. Compensation items reported for decades are coming under scrutiny.
The webinar will cover a number of CalPERS reporting and compliance issues that agencies have encountered over the last few years. We will explain how to correct these issues to avoid future liability, tips for approaching the changes at the negotiating table, and how to address objections from employees and bargaining units. The webinar will cover the following common reporting and compliance issues:
- Watching out-of-class appointments
- Knowing which assignments may be reported as temporary upgrade pay
- Knowing who are “employees” and who are “independent contractors”
- Reporting special compensation for unrepresented employees
- Knowing the limits and requirements of special compensation
- Knowing the difference between classic and new member reporting requirements
- Using retired annuitants correctly
- And more
Who should attend:
Human Resources Professionals, Finance Professionals, Risk Managers, and Department Heads.
Please email Jaja Hsu at Jhsu@lcwlegal.com or call 310.981.2091.